RSW Version 0.98.10

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
drwr

RSW Version 0.98.10

Post by drwr »

Finally, after a long hiatus, there is a new update to the RSW server and client! The big news with this update is the integration of the advanced player types and rebalanced scoring as designed by our own Somnos, and playtested by many of you over the past twelve months. In the future, you may create such a game simply by selecting an "Advanced" type game.
Version 0.98.10:

* Added "Advanced" game type, as designed by Elliot Hudes.

* Added "Seen by Me" world data option, particularly useful for
Skip Tracers.

* Unowned fleets with nonzero ships are no longer captured
automatically--you must shoot away the ships first.

* I-Ships and P-Ships now count when defending against industry
suppression due to the presence of enemy fleets. I-Ships count
double.

* Fixed a few occasional exceptions in the client.
somnos

Re: RSW Version 0.98.10

Post by somnos »

Hi David

Thanks for the credit.

I looked over your rule book and I don't think you listed the Raider's scoring for the advanced game (100/80/60/40/20).
Or did you not code this in?

We may have beefed up the Arms Dealer too much but let's see where it goes. In a current game with only double loading (not triple) and taking 2 metal/ship I have been able to fully haul for each customer HW for the 1metal/industry build and still have enough metal to build enough ships to be in 1st place on T20 by 4000 points. It's just a matter of acting like your character and I'm arms dealing to everyone and only with surplus metal the HW doesn't need.

El
Somnos
drwr

Post by drwr »

I looked over your rule book and I don't think you listed the Raider's scoring for the advanced game (100/80/60/40/20).
Or did you not code this in?
Ah, thank you. It is coded in, but I forgot to add it to the rules. I'll correct that.

David
somnos

Post by somnos »

Hi Again

I just setup an anonymous advanced game. I notice that the Arms Dealer can triple load and requires 2 metal to create one ship. This sounds very familiar and I do believe this is how we wished to configure it for standard play. When I looked at your description of the AD in the rules it does mention the triple loading but it also says "Arms Dealer can convert one or more of the units of metal in the cargo hold of his fleet into the equivalent number of new ships"
It also says that the fleet must have at least 1 ship and 1 metal. This implies that it requires 1 metal per built ship. This isn't correct. I think you should state in the description that every ship built by the AD requires 2 metal (and that the fleet must have a minimum of 1 ship/2 metal at the beginning of the turn).

El
drwr

Post by drwr »

Oops! I had gotten a little confused when I was writing the rules--I got distracted by previous2p. I'll fix the AD description.

David
drwr

Post by drwr »

First bugfix:
Version 0.98.10.1:

* Fixed crash at startup when loading certain custom games.