Getting export

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
watscher

Getting export

Post by watscher »

from Ingame mails into an offline RSW client - possible?

I there any way to get this working?

The mail only says something like "embedded report contained" But I do not see an XML download button.

This would really help me to enter my orders from a place where a firewall hinders me from connecting the client to the server.

Thanks
Torsten
drwr

Re: Getting export

Post by drwr »

You can download the XML report from the web page by clicking the "Download the turn X game report as XML" link at the top of the game page. This XML file can be imported into your client. To get to the game page, you can click on the link in the email announcement.

Alternatively, if you don't want to explicitly download your XML report, you can have the text report emailed to you automatically. Click "My account" and "Manage your email addresses", and select the "Report" checkbox to enable the turn report. Then you can save the entire email message and import it into the client. This may be slightly less reliable than the XML file, but in general it should work fine.

Edit: oh, wait, my apologies: I see you are talking about in-game messages, including a turn report from another player; not the server-provided turn report. Hmm, you should be able to save out the text part of the other player's report, and import that.

David
watscher

Post by watscher »

Hi,

yes, I talked about ingame reports send as part of a message.

All I see in the web mail client is e.g

Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:23:17 +0100
Turn: 5
Subject: Export T5: worlds, fleets
(Embedded report included)
Reply to sender
Reply to all
Compose a new message

Nothing to copy and import.
Any other idea?

Thanks Torsten
drwr

Post by drwr »

Hmm, you're right. My mistake, I thought that was available. It should be fairly simple to add, though--give me a couple of days and I'll see what I can do. :)

David
watscher

Post by watscher »

Thank you!
drwr

Post by drwr »

I've finally added this feature. My apologies for the long delay.

David
drwr

Post by drwr »

Say, I've just taken another look at this thread, and realized you were downloading the reports manually to work around a firewall issue. The current version of the RSW client supports using a web proxy to communicate to the server, which should be useful to work around most firewalls. Have you tried enabling this feature?

David