get turn status with Constellette

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
constella

get turn status with Constellette

Post by constella »

I like to keep an eye on how many players haven't turned in their orders... and try not to be last. To make this easy to check, I've created a Mac OS X Dashboard widget that does just that. If you want to give it a try (or see some screenshots and more info), visit http://morganthall.com/blog/taw09-const ... 1.1.4.html.

Feedback is welcome. If it doesn't work for you, the "mail log" button on the widget's back will compose (but not send) an email with details of the most recent transaction. If the problem is not obvious, send the log along to me.

Your unencrypted password will be stored in the widget preferences. I'm looking at ways to hide that better. A widget is HTML and Javascript stuff -- you can examine the files in the widget if you think I might be doing something nefarious with your password. But I'm not.

If you'd like this function on some other platform, I think a good portion of the code could be re-used. Something Javascript & widgety like Google Gadgets perhaps?

p.s. Thanks David for the great XML server. That part was simple to complete.
Last edited by constella on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drwr

Re: get turn status with Constellette

Post by drwr »

Very cool! Next you can release it as an iPhone app, so I can know when it's time to set down my coffee and get back to the computer. ;)

David