New Characters Play Test #2

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
somnos

New Characters Play Test #2

Post by somnos »

The 2nd Playtest with the new characters is ready to be played. It is Floors3d.

Descriptions of the characters are elsewhere on the Forum. Here are the next modifications.

Old Characters
Emperor - 1 pt/world in addition to regular scoring.
Positronix - only 100 pts per PBB plus kill points
Raider - Increased plunder pts - 100/80/60/40/20.
Trader - only 6 pts/metal dropped.
Missionary - increased martyr and Jihad points.

New Characters
Architect - no changes. Still builds, moves and destroys starbridges.
Arms Dealer - can build ships - 2 metal/ship and has double loading capacity like a trader. Points are now 12 pts/ship created.
Warlord - keeps his 1.5 shots/ship. Increased points - ships destroyed =10, targetted character = 20. Fleet capture is 40/80 targetted. World capture is 150/300 targetted. Can still capture robotic or converted worlds.
Scavenger - score boost of 20 pts/ship captured. 15 pts/key owned. Still can scavenge neutral keys and scavenge 1/4 of damaged enemy ships.
Skip Tracer - no changes - 1/2 firepower and only 1/2 ambushed he scores by seeing new worlds!

Go Ahead - sign up. Only 11 spots.

Elliot
Last edited by somnos on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
somnos

Re: New Characters Play Test #2

Post by somnos »

Whoops - a small mistake setting it up.

Please standby while I correct it.

Elliot
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

I'm standing! And waiting.....
somnos

Post by somnos »

The signup is up again - game is floors3d.

El
beane

Post by beane »

I am playing the arms dealer in spread5f. I tried building ships for the first time this turn. I entered the order "F38B5P". The fleet F38 contained 5 ships and 10 metal. When I submitted my orders, I was told that there was an error with the order, and that only 2 ships would be built. The "forecast metal" listed for P38 was 6, so only four of the metal was being used. What am I missing here?
drwr

Post by drwr »

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem, and in fact, it appears that the order in question has been executed normally. Was there some other order conflicting with it (that you have since removed), or should I start looking for a mysterious bug in the error message?

David
beane

Post by beane »

Yeah, I noticed that the order executed. I'm not sure what I am doing, but I get the error every time I set a build order (I have also been getting it in eating5a). I have it four times this turn in spread5f. Those orders were the last ones I set, and I didn't remove any afterwards. The number it tells me that will actually build is always equal to half the number of ships on my fleet.
drwr

Post by drwr »

OK, it does sound like something's broken. Are you referring to an error dialog that pops up when you enter the orders via the popup menus, or are you referring to an error message that is printed within the order list when you try to submit the orders?

David
beane

Post by beane »

An error message in the order list. I enter in the building orders using the codes, and it accepts them fine. However, when I submit the orders, I get a pop-up telling me that there was a problem with some of my orders. I will get an error for any order in which I tried to build more ships than half (rounded down) of the number of ships on my fleet.

For example, in spread5f, I have already submitted my orders. I have 4 messages in my order list that look something like this:

(!) Use F116 to build 8 P-Ships - Built only 6

F116 currently has 12 ships and 16 metal. Its forecast metal is listed as 4. However, as you pointed out, the orders do seem to execute properly.