Small Ui Anomaly

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
esoteric

Small Ui Anomaly

Post by esoteric »

So, I was arranging fleets for an ambush (boo hoo) and noticed an anomaly for order entry:

I can set my fleet to Standby and the Undirected=False and Next Action=Standby- good.
If I set an opponents fleet to be ambushed by it, my Standby fleet now shows Next Action=Ambush but Undirected=True- weird.

Or, if I first set the opposing fleet to be ambushed by a fleet not specifically told to be Standby, the fleets Undirected=True and Next Action=Ambush- okay.
If I then try to issue a Standby order to the ambushing fleet, Standby is not available in the order list- yucky.
drwr

Re: Small Ui Anomaly

Post by drwr »

Huh, sloppy. I'll check it out, thanks!

David
esoteric

Re: Small Ui Anomaly +PBB

Post by esoteric »

Another... I'm simulating a drop of a PBB. I give the drop PBB order and then direct an opponents fleet to fire at the PBB fleet. If I delete the PBB order it's not available to reassign unless I remove the opponents fire order first.
Additionally, If the PBB fleet makes it to the next turn with no ships on it, the PBB is apparently lost; I thought this was supposed to be retained? Whether the fleet is eliminated through combat (dropping or not) or by transfer of ships off, the PBB is lost. I thought this was supposed to be capturable?

Another... If I issue a Build Industry or Scrap I-Ships order and then try to Load Metal (all) or Load All, the load value for metal forgets to consider the metal beign used by the new industry. Apparently I can't direct the new industry's production to a fleet or even direct the new industry to build new industry.
drwr

Post by drwr »

I don't think the new industry can build in the same turn that it is built.

I'll look into the PBB issues.

David
esoteric

Post by esoteric »

It does build, but just an I-ship. Ex. I have orders in on a planet with 6 industry and 1 I-ship to build 1 industry. It's projecting 7 industry and 4 I-ships.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Hmm, I think that's probably a mistake in my auto-build-I-Ships rule. :)

David
esoteric

Post by esoteric »

In that case it doesn't need fixing ;-)
drwr

Post by drwr »

All of these issues are now resolved with 1.0.3.1, except for the PBB issue, which is correct behavior per the FB rules.

David