RSW version 0.98.8.12

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
drwr

RSW version 0.98.8.12

Post by drwr »

Version 0.98.8.12:

* New "Forecast D-Ships" world list column in Core games,
"Forecast I,P-Ships" in Classic games.

* Fixed bug when simultaneously dragging fleets from multiple
owners to the same world.

* Added "Full game specifications" expandable text under the Game
Info tab.

* Server: added "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of every email
message; added new privacy policy page.

* World, fleet lists, etc., will be sorted by default in order of
their first column (as defined in the Preferences window), and
will also remember any sort changes when new orders are entered.

* Added support for several new experimental character types.
ZenCat

Re: RSW version 0.98.8.12

Post by ZenCat »

I absolutely love the "game specs" tab! With all these modified games I have a hard time keeping tract of the particulars, and the only way had been to go to the website. Now it's a piece of cake.
I'm also tickled about the new characters in slave3m. I've got a feeling I will be doing nothing but versions of this for the foreseeable future so I can try all the new characters out.
Now that you have a new version out I have an additional order suggestion (which would entail another upgrade): FnnnE (for everything) or FnnnE-1 (leave one I ship behind. One order would transfer all I ships (or one less than all I ships), add all builds, and load as much metal as possible to Fnnn. In every classic game I'm in I send fleets to any non-homeworld industrialized worlds and executed the same batch of orders turn after turn. If it's a boarder world I'd use the E-1, it its an inner world (or robotic, or fully converted) E would be all that's necessary. If you can do a gang move on fleets belonging to different identities this should be a piece of cake (I already used that expression, didn't I?).

Dale Perkins a.k.a. ZenCat, SquarePeg, DogMeat
drwr

Post by drwr »

Since this would just be a macro order that can already be done with individual orders, wouldn't it be just as good to handle this sort of thing entirely on the client? So there could be a new order menu option on the client, "transfer, build, and load everything to this fleet", which would synthesize the necessary orders automatically. That way we'd avoid having to create a new order, which would cause problems for people wanting to use the RSW client to play traditional Starweb.

David
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

I get you, the FnnnE order wouldn't work in an FBI game, their program would choke on it. It would be like the mass load, unload, and movement orders already on the client where a single click writes orders for a bunch of fleets ---- except in this case a single click would generate a bunch of different orders for a single fleet. That would do the trick, and it would still work with an FBI game. How hard would it be to implement?
Dale
drwr

Post by drwr »

Not too hard. In fact, already done. It'll be part of the next release.

David
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

Excellent, looking forward to it.