Finish Turn

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
Puzzler

Finish Turn

Post by Puzzler »

So this past turn, in a private game, I received a message that I hadn't clicked on "Finish Turn" when I'm certain that I did. I heard some similar complaints at various points in the game from other players in the private game that I initiated, so I thought I'd raise the issue here to see if anyone else has had this happen, and if so, try to narrow down through brainstorming what conditions causes this to happen.

Here's what I've observed:

After you "Finish Turn", if you come back and send a message delayed until next urn, it will re-open your turn again. I believe that in some cases, it will not warn you that you are re-opening your turn orders, so this could be one cause of people thinking that they have finished their turn, and getting a message that they haven't.

However, in my particular case, I had a finished turn, and then I sent a message delayed until next turn. But knowing the problem I pointed out above, I explicitly "saved the turn to the server", which caused the "Finish Turn" button to reappear. I clicked on the "Finish Turn" button (causing the button to disappear), and then verified in the client game list that the game was not waiting for me. So I was extremely puzzled when my next turn report said I hadn't clicked the "Finish turn" button.

My best guess is that maybe the "Finish Turn" button disappears even if the server doesn't guarantee confirmation of the finish turn message. If this is true, maybe it is possible that a little wireless glitch at the time of clicking that button could cause a player to think the turn has been finished, even if it is not. And even though I checked the client game list, maybe it simply hadn't refreshed yet, after the turn had been re-opened?

But I'm grasping at straws here. Any other ideas from other players on how this might have happened?