Hidden Scores

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
Puzzler

Hidden Scores

Post by Puzzler »

I have a suggestion for a game customization option -- no information about opponents' scores. I think that some players find it frustrating when they know they are too far behind to win, and are more likely to abandon positions. It would be nice to try a game with no opponent scoring information revealed, to see if that helps keep people feeling like they have a chance, and therefore stay in the game.
drwr

Re: Hidden Scores

Post by drwr »

Sounds like a fine idea.

David
Puzzler

Post by Puzzler »

Since it's been about a year since I brought this up, I thought I'd mention that it's still an option I'm interested in. If "hidden scores" were a customization option, I'd pick it every time. I really do think some players tend to get demoralized when they see they are falling behind, and are more likely to abandon their position.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Noted. I'll bump it closer to the top of my priority list.

Sorry I've been largely absent from RSW development lately; I expect to be back in full force within a few more weeks.

David
Puzzler

Post by Puzzler »

No problem. One other thing I think I mentioned at some point, and am still interested in, is the ability to disable anonymous messages within a game. Just wanted to keep that idea alive as well...
drwr

Post by drwr »

Ha, "a few more weeks," indeed. My estimate is accurate only if 60 weeks can be considered "a few".

Anyway, both features are now available. Actually, I added three new score-reveal options: no scores at all, full scores for all players, and scores for only the players seen (as now), but with a precise matching of player to score.

David